From Seed to Harvest – Online Course 3B
How to grow 22 vegetables, you learn so much
**NO DIG GARDENING, COURSE BOOK 1 OFFER!**
**APRIL ONLY – FREE CALENDAR WITH ALL ONLINE COURSE PURCHASES**
We offer a free copy of Charles’ latest book – No Dig Gardening, Course Book 1 – with the purchase of any one of the online courses: 1, 2, 3A or 3B, or online course packages: 1+2 or 3A+3B.
If you would like to be sent a book and calendar, please email [email protected] with the following information:
- Your name
- Your online course order number
- Your address
- Any special delivery instructions
All promo book orders will be sent 2nd Class for UK orders and Economy for International orders.
Please note: this offer is for one book and one calendar per eligible customer, not one book and one calendar per purchased course.
Save time, and enjoy the simplicity of growing with Charles’ methods.
The next half of Course 3, following on from Course 3A.
Long and rich lessons include tomatoes, potatoes, onions and one with three warmth-loving vegetables.
What to expect
- Gain the confidence to grow, with Charles’ advice at your fingertips.
- 22 vegetables in 15 lessons, from sowing to harvest and everything in between.
- Lessons have the same easy-to-follow format.
- The course has 18 exclusive videos.
- Lessons average 6000 words and 75 photos.
- You have documents to download and save.
Once purchased, you have lifetime access.
Charles is such a great teacher and the videos are excellent in bringing his words to life. If anyone is contemplating purchasing, I say definitely do it!
In the list below, p = photo with captions, w = words. Some videos are from YouTube, all the others are new, and unique to this course.
- A glossary of terms, a timeline of harvesting dates and a table of plant families, all downloadable as PDFs.
- An introduction to the course, the seasons and weather.
16. Florence Fennel: 2800w, 34 p, 2 videos
17. Garlic: 4400w, 55p, 2 videos
18. Kale: 3800w, 67p, 2 videos
19. Leeks: 4440w, 60p, 2 videos
20. Lettuce: 5400w, 110p, 2 videos
21. Onion and Salad Onion: 6300w, 98p, 2 videos
22. Parsnip: 3700w, 38p, 1 video
23. Peas: 5500w, 87p, 2 videos
24. Potatoes: 7700w, 93p, 2 videos
25. Salads for Winter (4): 5266, 74w, 2 videos
26. Spinach: 4250w, 64p, 1 video
27. Squash for Winter: 4650, 60p, 3 videos
28. Swede/Rutabaga and Turnip: 5400w, 72p, 1 video
29. Sweetcorn, Melon and Capsicums: 8600w, 80p, 2 videos
30. Tomatoes: 9500w, 117p, 1 video
I explain each lesson’s vegetable(s) with the same outline structure, describing each vegetable’s special needs and qualities, so that successful harvests are likely.
The structure follows these headings:
- Introduction to vegetable
- Harvest period
- Why grow them
- Suitable for containers/shade?
- Conditions for success
- Sow and propagate
- Sowing conditions
- Sowing time
- Pot on?
- Transplant, size, time of year
- Water – how often, how much, extra mulch to retain water?
- Container growing
- Prune and train plants/thin fruit
- Harvest time and method
- Potential problems – which pests are likely and when, disease, other likely difficulties
- Follow with
A quiz for each lesson leads to a certificate, when you finish the course with 100% passes from all quizzes.
We are looking to sell each lesson individually – this should happen by mid-April.
Course 3A has the first 15 lessons for 18 vegetables, from aubergine to cucumber – £160 (some lessons are not as long as those in 3B). Both 3A and 3B can be purchased together at the discounted price of £250.
There is occasional reference to weeding, feeding and basic bed preparation. With no dig these are the same for all vegetables, and are minimal jobs. Soil and soil preparation is far easier than often made out.
If you are not yet practising no dig, it’s simple. The key part is to stop digging.
Then rake level and cover the surface with a thin layer of compost, into which you sow and transplant. Course 1 has details about smothering weeds when starting out, if you have a lot, together with advice on making and using compost.
Enjoy Course 3 even more, when you are skilled at the basics of growing, enabling you to concentrate on the details of variation for each vegetable. Course 2 explains propagation, transplanting methods, spacing, picking, watering, container growing, perennial vegetables, and winter cropping.
Course 3B written by Charles Dowding in 2021.
Videos filmed and edited mainly by Edward Dowding, and created in 2019–2021.
Edited by Anna Maskell and quizzes by Ellie Wimshurst, with Charles’s edits and additions.
From Seed to Harvest – Online Course 3B
You enjoy lifetime access to this huge body of information.
Charles teaches you to grow 22 popular vegetables from seed to harvest, and downloadable PDF’s include a harvesting timeline, plant families and descriptions of the four seasons in gardening terms.
Each of the 15 lessons has the same easy to follow format, and includes at least one video, most of which are exclusive to this course.