Skip to content
No dig, no till
Time-saving, less weeds, year round abundance
- Save the time and effort of repeated cultivations.
- Weeds germinate less in undisturbed ground and are easy to pull fro organic mulches, a huge timesaver.
- Feeding soil with surface mulch gives abundant harvests.
- Moisture is retained, because soil is not exposed to dry air.
- Save money: no tiller needed, less water used, more harvests.
- Crop year round because its so quick to clear the residues of one harvest, then resow or plant.
- To crop even more, its quick and easy to intersow and interplant.
- Plants are well anchored against wind.
- You can walk on beds to save bending to reach the middle, and undisturbed soil/compost does not stick to your boots.
- Fine threads of mycorrhizal fungi, unbroken by cultivation, help plants to access nutrients and moisture by reaching into cavities that roots cannot enter.